Home Converting Pilots


At Stick ‘n Rudder, you can convert your RA-Aus Recreational Pilot Certificate (RPC) to a CASA Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL) or vice versa, while gaining some invaluable, possibly life-saving skills. 

Learn the true art of stick and rudder by converting your CASA licence to an RA-Aus RPC in our one of a kind tailwheel course. This course involves mastering the tailwheel basics and concludes with an introduction to bush flying at some of our unique and exclusive bush strips. 

Alternatively, if you’d like to covert your RA-Aus RPC to a CASA RPL,  you can complete your Tailwheel Endorsement in our Cessna 180 – one of the most influential taildraggers of all time. You’ll gain an Aeroplane Flight Review (AFR), Manual Propeller Pitch Control (MPPC) and Tailwheel Endorsement all at the same time! 

Another great way to convert your RA-Aus RPC to a CASA RPL is by completing our in-house developed Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) course. With Loss of Control-Inflight (LOC-I) being the leading cause of accidents, this training will ensure you are the safest possible pilot. Our beautiful Pitts Special S2A’s are the ideal training aircraft in which we can explore the full flight envelop and provide you with a defensive flying skillset. This course also forms the foundation to our Spin and Aerobatics Endorsements for those seeking to take their flying into the full three-dimensional realm.

Converting your licence or certificate creates greater flexibility and enjoyment, but more importantly, it’s a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself as a pilot. Why not be the best pilot you can be?